Friday 1 July 2011

Day Four

I wake up feeling better again, like I did at the start of day two.

I feed the cats, take a tablet, and make a coffee. I work as a freelancer, on location mostly, so my client-based work schedule varies greatly. This means the structure of my day can be very loose. Or it can mean 14-15 hours days on a strict timetable. When a structure is imposed on me, I don't find it hard to follow, but I can find it frustrating when I have very little information about what is happening next.

At home however, even the basic tasks like making breakfast, having a shower, or attending to correspondence or bills becomes a random set of tasks - I find it really hard to put them into a sensible order, and remember it the next day.

I'm finding the medication does help with that. Tracking thoughts becomes less like trying to catch butterflies with a net, and more like arranging fridge magnets into a message. Ideas become 'sticky' rather than 'slippery'.

I manage to garden for a little while, picking at weeds. Before meds I would take one look at all the tiny plants coming up and my head would get dizzy just trying to find an approach. Today I just grabbed a bucket and started in a corner. I didn't finish it. I still got distracted.

But if the changes keep heading in this kind of direction, then I have every reason to feel hopeful that I may have found a long sought after answer.



No comments:

Post a Comment